TOUR 2023 Calendar:
- IRUN > JANUARY > Screenings: 18, 19, 20, and 21 (19:00 Amaia KZ).
- ZARAUTZ > FEBRUARY > Screenings: 1, 8 and 15 (19:00 Modelo). Txikiziklo: 1. Expo: From 1 to 15 (Merkatu plaza).
- LASARTE-ORIA > FEBRUARY > Screenings: 6, 13 and 20 (19:00 Kultur Etxea). Txikiziklo: 6.
- DEBA > MARCH > Screenings: 16,23 and 30 (18:30 Kultur Aretoa). Txikiziklo: 16.
- HONDARRIBIA > MARCH > Screenings: 23, 24 and 25 (19:00 Itsas Etxea). Txikiziklo: 22. Expo: From 13 to 26 (Arma plaza).
- ERRENTERIA > MAY > Screenings: 2, 4, 9 (19:00 Niessen). Txikiziklo: 2. Expo: From 24 (april) to 14 (Xenpelar Etxea).
- TOLOSA > JUNE > Screenings: 31M, 7, 14 (19:00 Topic). Txikiziklo: 7. Expo: From 31 to 14 (Kultur Etxea).
- BILBAO (Bizkaia Aretoa) > JUNE > Screenings: 8 (10:00 Bizkaia Aretoa).
- BILBAO (ItsasMuseum) > JUNE > Screenings: 9 and 10 (19:00 Itsas Museum). Txikiziklo: 10. Expo: From 1 to 11.
- PORTUGALETE > JULY > Screenings: 8 (22:00 En el puerto, Barco Ekoactivo Mater Museoa).
- BAKIO > JULY > Screenings: 12 (Al aire libre, calle Sabino Arana).
- GETARIA > JULY > Screenings: 21 (22:00 En el puerto, Barco Ekoactivo Mater Museoa).
- MUTRIKU > JULY > Screenings: 22 (22:00 En el puerto, Barco Ekoactivo Mater Museoa).
- AQUARIUM DONOSTIA > AUGUST > Screening ITSAS FILM FESTIBALA: 14 (12:00).
- PALACIO MIRAMAR DONOSTIA > SEPTEMBER > Lecture IHOBE summer courses: 7 (16:00). Expo: From 28th to 15th.
- ANDOAIN > SEPTEMBER > Screenings: 14, 21, 28 (19:00 Bastero). Txikiziklo: 28. Expo: From 13 to 30 (Bastero).
- PASAIA > SEPTEMBER > Screenings: 21, 28, 5-Oct (19:00., Txikiziklo: 3 Oct. Expo: From 21st to 5th (Juanba Berasategi) From 9th to 20th October (Trintxerpe Library).
- ZUMAIA > OCTOBER > Screening: 18 (19:00), Txikiziklo: 18 Expo: From 11 to 22 (Oxford de Alondegia).
- GARBERA DONOSTIA > NOVEMBER > Expo, Txikiziklo: Date to be confirmed.
- DONOSTIA - CIMASUB 2023 > NOVEMBER > Screenings: 16, 17 and 18 (19:00 Teatro Principal). Txikiziklo: From 13 to 17 (Aquarium). Expo: Date to be confirmed.
- EIBAR > DECEMBER > Screenings, Txikiciclo, Expo: Date to be confirmed.
The screenings, with free admission, include a total of 26 short films and 4 documentaries that will take us to underwater paradises all over the planet and show us the harshness of the suffering we are causing our seas. On the one hand, we will see the denunciation of human clumsiness, which damages entire ecosystems, exterminates biodiversity, and which, together with the unsustainable overexploitation of fishing resources, threatens the future of generations to come. On the other hand, we have the optimistic vision of the incredible universe that is still possible to find in some places of the planet, still healthy for the development of wildlife. Often so small and tiny that it remains hidden to most eyes, and sometimes so majestic and incredibly beautiful that it enchants and captivates all who behold it.
The photographic exhibition
It has 24 enlargements of underwater photographs that will transport us to all the underwater depths of the world and will show us the most curious and striking species, in situations rarely seen. The beauty of nature and the cruelty of man's attitude towards it, together in the same exhibition. Of the nearly 300 photographs submitted, this year, from all over the world, we are exhibiting the 24 best, highlighting among others those of the winners of this edition, Luc Rooman (Belgium), Martin Broen (United States), Tom Shesinger (Israel), Plamena Mileva (Bulgaria), Aldo Gustavo Galante (Argentina), Iñaki Alcalde (Gipuzkoa).
The Txikiziklo Submarine for schools
Our children should get to know the sea and discover this fascinating and wonderful underwater world, so that they grow up loving and respecting it. With this aim in mind, the Txikiziklo Submarino was born ten years ago, reaching more and more educational centres, with the participation of more than 2,000 students in this edition. Dissemination and education are the best tools for saving the oceans and guaranteeing the survival of our species. Organised by the Royal Society Foundation, it will be held at the San Sebastian Aquarium from Monday 21st to Friday 25th November, aimed at children aged between 10 and 12 years old, in 5th and 6th years of Primary Education.
We are still working to close dates in other cities and towns in the area. We will keep you informed on our website (subscribe to receive our news in your email) and social networks (follow us on Facebook and Instagram).